Kollana Shoes by Celine Elliott.
Time for a quick round up of the best brands that I found in the Showroom at Fashion Week Poland. Held in the industrial sized factory space between the catwalks, this was a chance to catch up with some interesting niche talent from Poland and beyond.
First up something a wee bit traditional: Galadea use embroidered folk designs from around Poland as the backbone to a range that includes arm cuffs and colourful belts.
I was delighted to find the work of an intriguing fashion illustrator on display. Malgorzata Bieniek-Straczek goes under the name of Maggie Piu, and that’s about all I can tell you as the press release was in Polish. Highly decorative stuff.
Pretty beaded necklaces by Fiszerowa.
Shoes were a real winner – I especially liked these upcycled heels with appliqued animal motifs by Kollana.
Bartek Witek had a fetching range of mens’ shirting.
Perspex necklaces caught my eye at Manitic.
Loved these hand crafted fabric owl bags. Sadly I’ve lost the business card so can’t tell you who made them, though I do know she makes each one by hand, and they were displayed on a fab gold papermache cow. Update! I know who made them now! They are by Monika Wyłoga.
Over in the section dedicated to recycled and environmentally aware fashion I once again met Ekoista, otherwise known as Ania Rutkowska. She creates astonishing jewellery by bending the plastic waste from used drinks bottles.
Lastly, Dr. Martens lent their shoes to many of the catwalk shows. Liking the flowery ones!
- Hannah Williams: Fashion Scout Ones to Watch, London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Zuo Corp
- Fashion Scout Ones to Watch AW15: London Fashion Week Catwalk Review
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule S/S 2012 in Łódź: Marcin Podsiadło
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland S/S 2012 in Łódź: Street Style