American designer Asli Polat took reference from a host of sources for AW15, culminating in a small but concise collection shown in the underground vaults of the RSA.
The show opened with several outfits made up in the same retro coloured plaid applied to different fabrics, including a mohair tweed. Shapes encompassed sweet rodeo detailed dresses, cute mini skirts, hooded sweat tops and a plasticised parka with teddybear fur details on pockets thanks to a partnership with the iconic teddybear manufacturer Steiff. This unusual choice of garment fabric was used in further outfits, most notably a couple of eye catching patchwork shift dresses, with matching bold tangerine eye shadow. Definitely a designer to watch.
Jay Pinxie Turnbull with a Steiff teddybear, our gift on the front row. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
Categories ,American, ,Asli Polat, ,AW15, ,Catwalk review, ,Jay Pinxie Turnbull, ,London Fashion Week, ,retro, ,Steiff, ,Teddybear
- Bernhard Chandran: London Fashion Week S/S 2013 Catwalk Review
- Basharatyan V: London Fashion Week S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Lu Flux: playful upcycled ethical fashion design
- Christopher Raeburn: London Collections: Men S/S 2014 Catwalk Review
- Middlesex University Graduate Fashion Designers 2013: Preview Part One