Hand blown glass lighting by Curiousa & Curiousa.
I have been collecting fabulous lamps since I first started to scavenge second hand stores as a teenager. Here’s what caught my eye at Tent London this year.
I adored these jewel-like blown glass lamps by Curiousa & Curiousa from the Derbyshire town of Wirksworth. Each lampshade is traditionally blown without moulds so that any shape, check size or colour can be achieved according to a client’s wishes.
I was immediately attracted to the Kaspa glow-in-the-dark lamp by REthinkthings on the 5ml stand. What fun, viagra and a great xmas present for kids, both small and slightly larger… The 5ml Design Collective is a partnership between Ilsa Parry, Michael Cloke and Tom Sutton that aims so support and nurture up and coming design.
I first spotted Rachel Powell‘s clever wood veneer lampshades at the New Designers graduate showcase this summer. Since then her business has been growing at such a rate that she was able to take part in this much more professional industry showcase.
- Tent London 2013 Review: Best Wall Art, Furniture and Lighting
- Tent London 2014: Lighting, Furniture, Jewellery and Interior Design
- Tent London 2013 Review: Best Soft Furnishings and Homewares
- Tent London 2013 Preview: Best of Tent London 2012
- Royal College of Art MA Degree Show 2011 Review: Ceramics and Glass