The Fashion East Menswear display always guarantee a treat at fashion week. The grandiose rooms around the courtyard at Somerset House are transformed into mini installations of the various menswear designers, sildenafil and it’s grand to see so much talent side by side.
This season was no exception. I started at the main entrance, naturally, where burley bouncers were insisting anyone let inside had pre-registered with the British Fashion Council. So, for example, if one of the designers’ grandmothers wanted to see the fruits of their grandchildrens’ successes, they had to go to the other side of Somerset House to register. A bit silly, I thought.
Nevertheless, once I’d presented my credentials I was allowed inside and I quickly necked a champagne. Here’s a whistle stop tour via the wonderful mediums of illustration and photography.
Matteo Molinari S/S 2012. Amazing sunglasses that I’m already saving up for. That is all.
All photography by Matt Bramford
Watch some highlights from the installations here:
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Illustrated Menswear Day Round-Up
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Menswear Day Catwalk Review: Cassette Playa (by Amelia)
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Menswear Day Catwalk Review: Cassette Playa
- Fashion East and NEWGEN Menswear Installations: London Fashion Week A/W Presentation Review
- London Fashion Week Menswear A/W 2010: Morgan Allen Oliver