Marcin Podsiad?o by Victoria Haynes.
One feature of the Off Out Of Schedule shows at Fashion Week Poland was that no one checked tickets on the door and there was no one to usher in guests, what is ed meaning that seating was a free for all. I was a little late getting to this show as I’d been upstairs to check out the fashion photography exhibition (more on that later as I discovered some very good stuff) so I had to stand in a poor position, a bit exasperating when you’ve come all the way from London and it turns out that a good position is critical to capture the collection adequately. Marcin Podsiad?o showed black fabric geometric headpieces that completely dominated the all black outfits, meaning that in fact I couldn’t really tell you much about them. Far more successful, as styling goes, were the black blocked lips.
I am sure there were some lovely and very wearable shapes in this show, but in general I always struggle with all black collections, especially when they are shown in such low lighting levels that it’s nearly impossible to make out any detail. I was most interested to discover that Marcin Podsiad?o studied at the University of the Creative Arts and I think he’s actually based in the UK. I wonder if he was roaming the corridors when I taught there?
Marcin Podsiad?o A/W 2011. All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule S/S 2012 in Łódź: Marcin Podsiadło
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland A/W 2011 in Łódź: Street Style at Off Out Of Schedule shows
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Blow Presents Eleanor Amoroso
- Fashion Philosophy Fashion Week Poland Off Out Of Schedule A/W 2011 in Łódź: Wiola Wołczyńska
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Fashion Mode, Florian Jayet