A few weeks ago Middlesex University showcased work from graduates at the Free Range Art & Design Shows at the Truman Brewery. I went along to check out the best of the illustration talent:
First up, the lovely work of Amy Laker (see also above), including a page from her A-Z of Dance, what a great idea.
These intricate insect patterns are by Chloe Whiffin.
Dervla Mary specialises in surreal prints featuring barbarians, foetuses, dervishes, heros and villains, rendered in a juicy risograph colour palette and multiple mediums.
Another illustrator pushing the boundaries of her medium is Salome Papadopoullos; loved this crisply rendered embroidery of Elvis.
More stitchwort from Yun Ru Tan, who created these surreal embroidered patches. Bizarre fun!
And Sachiko Oguri produced this beautiful print of the sea, featuring mermaids, traditional Japanese maidens and plenty of fish.
- Arts University College of Bournemouth: Feral Show 2012 Illustration Review
- Pick Me Up Graphic Arts Festival 2013: Pick Me Up Selects Review
- Pick Me Up Selects 2015 Review
- Free Range Graduate Shows 2012: Middlesex University Illustration Ba Hons Review
- London Zine Symposium 2011: A Review