Raphaelle Gosden used children as her subjects and I also found this cute video of her subjects meeting their portrait for you to enjoy.
Samale Ahmed‘s Les femmes dans Islam portrayed women in a ‘non-traditional and feminist way‘ although she claims not to be making any social observations about the way women live in Islamic countries.
Urte Marija Januseviciute studied Jungian ideas of unconsciousness and put together eight common complexes using props and costumes to create a surreal character for each one. I really liked these theatrical images with an 80s flavour; they may not have been intended for fashion editorial but they would certainly work well in that setting.
I apologise for the quality of images on this blog post: but if any of these young photographers had websites to showcase their work then I’d be able to show you better ones. Sigh.
- Edinburgh Napier University Ba Photography Graduate Show 2011 Review
- Free Range Art & Design Show 2013: Week Four Photography Review – University of Northampton, UCLAN, Falmouth, University of Derby & Swansea Metropolitan
- Pick Me Up Contemporary Graphic Art Fair 2012: Pick Me Up Selects Review
- Free Range Art & Design Shows 2015: Middlesex University Illustration
- Free Range Graduate Shows 2012: Middlesex University Jewellery Ba Hons Review