On Friday I went backstage at a few shows to capture the scenes as the models got ready for their shows. At Shao Yen the girls were dressed in striped sheers, casual pleats and knit ruffles in a collection which explored the structures of ribs, muscles and blood vessels, inspired by the painter Egon Schiele. Yen created a sophisticated selection of garments with subtle details such as a curled embroidery stitch beneath the bosom. I caught the girls as they pushed enormous knit covered hoops through their ears, a bold style statement that worked well with the multiple topknots on their heads.
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- Royal College of Art: Fashion Design Graduate Show 2011 review. Womenswear Knitwear.
- Charlie May: London Fashion Week A/W 2013 Catwalk Review
- Bora Aksu: London Fashion Week S/S 2015 Catwalk Review
- Bora Aksu AW15: London Fashion Week Catwalk Review
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Menswear Day Catwalk Review: Ones to Watch Trine Lindegaard