Paul Costelloe put on a stunning show at the suitably glamorous Waldorf Hotel, showcasing a silhouette that seems to grow bolder by the season. I was seated next to the staircase down which the models descended and had a brilliant view of the Front Row, populated by a host of glamorous ladies with shiny hair and legs: Amanda Byram, Edith Bowman, Donna Air, Yasmin Le Bon and so it went on…
Paul Costelloe AW15 by Simon McLaren.
The Jewels in the Mist collection was inspired by the Italian village of Corinaldo, and featured a beautiful selection of handcrafted jacquards and tweeds in gorgeous saturated colours.
Hair was big and bouffant and heels were high and buckled, simple stylistic additions that let the clothes do the talking. The show opened with a series of stunning short emerald green floral puff dresses with flared sleeves, shoulderless for nighttime, or with jacket tailoring for day. Deeper amethyst tones were worked into tweed swing coats and silvery hues brought a Hollywood glamour to the show, given a Tudor-esque update with huge pointy shoulders.
I particularly loved the juicy orange tweed dresses and coats that closed the show. How I would love one of those marvellous coats!
All photography by Amelia Gregory.
- London Fashion Week S/S 2011 Catwalk Review: Paul Costelloe
- London Fashion Week S/S 2012 Catwalk Review: Paul Costelloe
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011: Paul Costelloe (by Amelia)
- London Fashion Week A/W 2011 Catwalk Review: Paul Costelloe (by Jemma)
- London Fashion Week S/S 2011 Catwalk Review: Paul Costelloe (again)