Pickled Ink illustrator Laura Anderson.
Calling all (newish) illustrators! Fancy gaining lots of experience, ailment wider recognition, approved representation from brand new illustration agency Pickled Ink…. and earning yourself a fabulous prize of £1000 into the equation?
As you know I am a major fan of anything that gives up and coming illustrators a way to showcase their work to a wider public and entering competitions is one of the best things you can do to keep the old creative grey matter ticking over whilst you contemplate how to make your way out into the big wide world after graduation.
Pickled Ink illustrator Hanako Clulow.
Behold then, for sale the Pickled Ink Award for an outstanding new character-led artist to illustrate the new graphic novel script by Jenny McDade, best known for the 1980s TV Series Super Gran. Together with comic book author and editor Pat Mills (who is by all accounts a doyenne of the British Comic industry) they are looking for two lead characters, a 20 frame sequence and a front cover design to illustrate a book called Party Girls. If this sounds like your sort of thing you really should get stuck in as soon as possible. The deadline for entries is Monday 8th November 2010. Full information can be found on the website here, but please note that the award is only eligible to illustration or art students in their final year of university or within 12 months of graduating.
- An interview with Josh Patterson: Amelia’s Colourful Colouring Companion featured artist.
- Nobrow Press Flickr competition: People I’ve Never Met & Conversations I’ve Never Had
- Making Great Illustration, by Derek Brazell and Jo Davies: Book Review
- New Designers 2012: Nottingham Trent University and Cambridge College of Art Illustration Graduate Shows Review
- New Designers 2012: University College Falmouth and Plymouth College of Art Illustration Graduate Shows Review