Illustration by Katie Harnett.
Katie Harnett showed a dreamy illustration based on a sea shanty, order and her children’s book Problems with the Polar Post – a delightful tale featuring as she said it would, website plenty of animals.
Natalie Osborne‘s long creature from her Elliot’s Adventure picture book was super engaging.
While you were at in the Dentist by Jay Wright featured all sorts of toothy situations.
The Highwayman Annual by Jacob Stead was presented in becomingly old style – a glorious romp through all things masked robber related. Jacob has done a big feature for the current issue of Oh Comely magazine.
Hannah Goodacre‘s angular designs for book covers were also striking.
I liked Cathy Hookey‘s children’s book illustration New Friends.
From UCA Maidstone Faye Moorhouse won Best New Blood for her Cat Lady of Czechoslovakia.
Emmanuel Okpanachi painted lots of heads, some sat around a table for a discombobulated party.
Sebastian Arnold had put together an intriguing book, Idealised Suburbia, about Ashford being twinned with a town in Germany.
And thus concludes my 2011 New Blood coverage. Don’t forget to check in with part one of my New Blood illustration review. Enjoy!
- Middlesex University: Ba Hons Illustration Graduate Show 2011 Review
- New Designers 2011 Part Two: Illustration Graduate Show Review 1
- Best of D&AD New Blood Illustration & Graphic Design Graduates 2012: part three
- Exhibition: Cathy Lomax: Girls World, The Mary Paintings @ Grey Area Gallery
- New Designers 2011 Part Two: Illustration Graduate Show Review 2