Reminiscing by Georgina Woolford.
Georgina Woolford is clearly a lady after my own heart, for her degree show exhibition was all hipstamatic shots: the strongest of which was a candid shot of her elderly grandma, which also inspired the name, Reminiscing. Of course documentary photos of this type play to the strengths of shooting with a hipstamatic – it’s much easier to catch people off guard in natural repose when they haven’t got a great big lens shoved up in their face. I’m no photography snob so I’m all for choosing a certain format depending on the occasion or subject matter. Follow Georgina Woolford on twitter here.
I also liked a triptych shown by Stephanie Gilbert which showed some fairly mundane domestic scenes over the top of which there was overlaid some ominous creeping shadows, as if something not quite obvious was lurking just beyond reach in Family Affairs.
- Exhibition: HIPSTAMATICS at the Orange Dot Gallery, Bloomsbury
- City of Westminster College: Photography Graduate Show 2011 Review
- University of Brighton Graphic Design Graduate Show 2011 Review
- University of Brighton Illustration Graduate Show 2011 Review: the 80s
- Graduate Fashion Week 2011 Gala Awards Show: Menswear